Used as a “billiard room” by the Acton family, it was the only room where smoking was allowed – it was also known as a fumoir – during the period when the house belonged to the Pignatelli family.
It is linked to the small elliptical room which lacks any decoration. The walls are adorned with splendid leather wallpaper with gold pastiglia (low relief) decoration and are hung with numerous paintings. The extensive book collection, consisting of roughly two thousand books, is on display in the bookcases.
The collection includes highly important works such as the volumes of the Real Museo Borbonico, published from 1824 to 1827, and the Dichiarazione dei Disegni del Reale Palazzo di Caserta, published by the Regia Stamperia di Napoli in 1756 and containing the designs of Vanvitelli, as well as texts of Italian and French literature and Latin classics.